Monday, November 7, 2011

Pet Names can get out of hand

Doesn't anyone find it funny that some people name their beloved pets after products and brands? Surely I can't be the only one that agrees. I mean, there's nothing wrong with it but it gets pretty awkward for me at times 'cause I used to have this two dalmatians named Leng Zhai and Leng Lui, which meant handsome and pretty respectively in cantonese. And whenever these two got out into the park in front of our former house, you can expect a few head-turns. My brothers and sisters used to shout their names to get them to come back home and, to be expected, some people DO reply to the calls. It was hilarious!! However, some names after products and brands don't sound that bad at all. Chanel, for example, or even Gatsby as long as no one thinks of the actual product. Yeah, they're pretty good. Oh, and one more thing, don't take after me and name your darlings names other people would misheard.....unless, you're humour-proof.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a friendly comment and I'll answer. For real! ^_~