Friday, January 11, 2013

My first HK Celebrity

I still remember the time I met my very first
Hong Kong celebrity.
I think it was in KLCC, Kuala Lumpur.
There were like lots of people in the food section I think,
and when I reached for some nuts being sold
on a wooden rack, there the woman was..
standing right on my left side
and apparently, desiring the same nuts too.
I couldn't exactly quite decide
if she was just a lookalike
or my memory served me wrong
(yes, I often tend to doubt my own memory).
She was surprisingly shorter than I thought.
And the moment we made eye contact,
that was when things got really awkward.
I was like, staring into her face,
trying to determine if she was who I thought she was.
And she was staring back, a little nervous by the looks of it.
We stayed like that for 10 seconds and
that is a long time, just so you know.
Fortunately, my aunt pulled me away before
things got really, super, undeniably awkward.
Thus, in the end, I never was sure if
my eyes were right and I still
can't forget about the way
my aunt asked me to shut up.
She could be more polite about it, you know.
Curses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a friendly comment and I'll answer. For real! ^_~